Wednesday, November 26, 2008

If I were President and I had the power to pardon....

If I were President and I had the power to pardon I would have to say that I wouldn't use it. Although, yes I would I'm sure be sympathetic to many cases - I don't believe it's my "job" has President to look at all these letters and decided who can get out. There are just way to many factors that should be considered when making this decision. Some factors include: criminal history, background, reasoning for their action....and many small details that should be factored in. The President has other issues to be concerned with rather then investigating. Personally, I think there should be a designated committee that goes through a process and come out with a selected set number in which they cannot exceed and THEN it should go to the President to review and sign.

1 comment:

ktblash said...

actually the president aides help greatly with this process. The president himself does not have to review all these just like he doesn't read every letter that comes to his door. He has readers and secretaries to help with all that. He has a committee that helps select particular high profile cases that would make a statement if he pardoned that individual