Monday, November 3, 2008

Should the voting age be lowered?

As much as I would like to say "yes" for my own benefit - I am going to say "no", I don't believe the voting age should be lowered. 18 years old is an agreeable age. Any younger, and you will have teens voting - but probably not for all the right reasons. Also, I don't think people under 18 are involved with/care enough about Politics to form their own beliefs concerning our futures. I know that I never cared enough nor did I want to learn about Government until JUST this year, in my government class. Now I really enjoy learning about Government and everything that falls under that. I'm always trying to follow what's happening by watching speeches, watching CNN/fox, the newspaper, Cnn.com, going to rallies, etc. Although I have been really into this election, I still don't feel like I have enough knowledge about everything that I should to make the most practical decision.

People shouldn't be allowed to vote until they are an adult, which is legally 18 years old. By this time hopefully they have gained a solid understanding and education before they mark the box next to who they believe should be the next president.

No comments: