Wednesday, October 8, 2008

2nd Presidential Debate

"My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends....."
This was said one too many times McCain.

This debate wasn't very interesting in my opinion, which made it hard for me to pay attention and follow what was happening. I don't think the questions were as good as I expected. Everyone was reporting that there would be "off the wall questions" but they screened totally normal questions - which was a let down. I think both candidates could have done a better job last night. Rather then focusing on bashing each other and their campaign. In comparison to the previous debate there was definately newly found tension between both candidates.

The main topic of last nights debate was the final crisis. Both presented ideas that they would have to help pull us out of this dark tunnel. However, that being said - Obama made a stab at McCain. "Obama, looking to link McCain to President George W. Bush, described the financial crisis as the 'final verdict on the failed economic policies of the last eight years' that Bush pursued and McCain supported." (CNN) I thought this was a very strong point, that may have leaned more people towards supporting Obama.

1 comment:

ktblash said...

Yeah some of the questions were a bit of a let down. If you could ask one question what would it of been? I think mine would have been "Who would you appoint as your secretary of the state and why?". In part because I want a president that is willing to surround him/herself with the very best and be willing to listen to their expert opinions. Also because so many supreme spots are up for grabs what kind of judge would you put on the bench?