Monday, October 6, 2008

Stocks - Seriously, what's going to happen??

"(CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks plunged Monday, with the Dow down..."
This was all over the news again today. At one point it was down roughly 800 points - it finally closed at 370. This is a MAJOR issue. Money is getting tight. Items in today's society aren't cheap - look at the price of gasoline. Alot of people are losing their jobs. And its about to get worse. How are people going to afford things? Kids going to college? This really affects those who will be going off to college this year. More and more will go to public colleges instead of the private ones. What happens when they fill up? As it gets harder and harder to meet the requirements to get in. I'm really worried about whats going to happen. I'll be going to college in under a year then I'll be out in the real world, on my own - I will need a job with an income to support at the least myself. People need to stop spending crazy, without thinking. People need to start saving again and ask themselves, "Do I really need this?". We all (including myself) need to be more wise about our spending decisions. Today, the economy was like a roller coaster. What will the McCain or Obama do if they are elected president to help the economy, help everyone get out of this dark road were about to go down. Is there anything they CAN do at this point?

1 comment:

ktblash said...

Hopefully we will find out tonight. The debate should be heavy on economic questions...thank goodness I am ready for a real plan!