Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Who would I vote for...?

At this point in time, if I were forced to vote I would have to say...John McCain. I would vote for John McCain because I agree more with his aspirations for this country and he also has some experience to draw from unlike Obama. Everyone complains about McCain possibly being our future president because of his age, and "wonder if something happens when he is in office..." Well hate to break it to you but the same question applies to Obama - something could very well happen to him if elected into office . I believe that Obama's tax policies would hurt the economy - raising taxes isn't going to help us it will only make us hurt more. McCain is for on and off shore drilling which will help Americans buy gas -- Obama is against this and would make it harder applying unnecessary taxes on oil companies making it more of a burden and causing prices to soar even more. Another trait that I admire about McCain is that he works to help both sides of the aisle. I agree with his want to put an end to illegal immigration. Another thing he is striving to get is affordable healthcare which is very important and it about 4 years or so I will be off my parents and having to pay for my own. McCain also understands the situation in Iraq. Yes, everyone wants the war in Iraq to come to an end. However, you can't just stop and leave otherwise we will end up with a situation similar to that of the 'civil war' in Darfur. He is understanding of those who want to end the war but he knows the correct way to go about doing so.

1 comment:

ktblash said...

glad to see at someone inserted some style into their blog! Your argument is so well presented. You support each of your points with a logical line of thinking. You discuss mulitple policies. And go into detail specifically on the Iraq issue and relating it to unfinished business in Darfur. You address the other candidate and you mention McCain weakness (his age). You have a very SRONG opinion here!