Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Drill Baaaaby Drill"

Amazing.
Words cannot describe how awesome the Palin Rally was. It was such a great experience and I am glad I brought my younger siblings along. I don't even know where to start! First off, I uploaded my pictures to this "community site" so hopefully, you'll be able to see them.

My alarm went off at 6:15 AM...not to worry I was already up! I was just so excited. I quickly got ready and woke up my bro and sis and we walked down to Hurkamp Park (didn't want to get parked in!). I looked at the time on my phone - 7:00 AM.....what?! There was already a line??! Not to worry, we were only a couple people away from the grand entrance. (phew!) People came around taking pictures, interviewing, passing out flyers, and stickers - many asked "are you cold?" and I was just like...do you not see me shivering??? The cold was worth it. Everyone came out wearing some sort of red "to keep Virginia red - it was really neat to see the crowds support.
There were some really neat signs- some taken from things she said, others from country songs.
"Read my lipstick"/ "I am voting for Joe the Plumber"/ "She's not just a pretty face, She's got everything it takes."(-Shania Twain song)/ "American Lipstick Club"/ "Teacher and Proud Marine Corps mom"
If you read my previous post, it was about how Wittman came to Fredericksburg Academy and spoke. Well, just so happens he spoke before Palin at the Rally...and we ate lunch at the same place! So, I re-introduced myself and took a picture with him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good article!!I love it!
Thank you very much for sharing.
Meet me at
http://gwb-chinese.blogspot.com/

Cindy Brock said...

way to get involved and encourage your siblings!!! Thanks for the article and pics! Great work!

Susanne Nobles said...

Lauren,
You go! You reintroduced yourself to Mr. Wittman -- I am very impressed and not sure I could have done that myself. I enjoyed hearing your story of the rally since you were there even longer than me.